|Posted by [email protected] on June 5, 2015 at 5:30 AM||comments (0)|
OUR COURSES @ DISCIPLES FILM AND TELEVISION INSTITUTE
DISCIPLES FILM AND TELEVISION INSTITUTE OFFERS ITS COURESES ON FULL TIME, PART TIME ,WEEKEND ,CORRESPONDENCE, AND ON LINE PROGRAMMES.
What Sets Our Filmmaking Courses Apart
Filmmaking is not something that is simply learned. Being confined to a classroom where one is taught the basic criteria for bringing a story to life will ultimately limit one’s development as a filmmaker. At the Disciples Film And Television Institute, our philosophy is learning by doing, something students will experience from the second they step into one of our many facilities . Whether potential students are interested in creating feature length films, shorts, music videos, or documentaries, the Academy’s diverse filmmaking courses will fit each student’s specific needs as an aspiring filmmaker.
Film Education for Everyone
The INSTITUTE offers a rich multitude of DIPLOMA and short courses for students of all ages and experience, from intensive one-week workshops to DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES -. In creating the curriculum that makes up our film school, we worked directly with filmmakers, producers, screenwriters, and many more to foster an environment that promotes success at every level. By adapting the techniques and ideas from the leading university film schools to a set of courses that focus on in-depth vocational training, our students receive not just an education, but a set of experiences that give them the hands-on experience necessary to actually realize their goals as filmmakers.
There are many roads to the world of filmmaking and we make it our priority to give students the means to engage in every discipline related to the art and craft of visual storytelling. Our filmmaking course structure is as varied and extensive as you can expect from a world class institution that has jumpstarted innumerable success stories. Just a quick perusal of our illustrious alumni will give you an idea of the company you will be joining when enrolling in one of our many hands-on courses. It’s no wonder that our student body is made up of individuals from around the world who share the same passion for telling stories with the moving image.
Disciples Film And Television Institute, students don’t just learn how to make a film, but how to achieve actual success in a competitive industry.
What to Expect from Our Courses in Filmmaking
So how do we train a diverse body of students with varied levels of experience and differing needs and interests to place them on the path of realizing their goals as filmmakers? Each course is comprised of a wide ranging set of subjects that cover all of the fundamental bases of the medium including directing, cinematography, screenwriting, producing, and editing. These topics are all taught by filmmaking professionals and accredited faculty whose varying specialties ensure that students receive the best possible education in each aspect of the filmmaking process. Through a concentrated schedule of classroom learning, teacher-supervised workshops, and outside projects, our courses in film making aim to give students the confidence to have a working understanding of production.
Collaborative Filmmaking Courses
No education in film is complete without directly experiencing the highly collaborative environment that filmmaking requires and students work with each other and faculty to develop their own particular interests while getting hands-on training in all of the elements at work on a film set. From the start, students are placed behind the camera to learn the many visual, dramatic, and technical challenges a director faces. This includes assisting their crews in the roles of director of photography, assistant cameraperson, and gaffer/grip, so that each student receives extensive set experience.
Immersive Film Education
Our courses are based on the premise of total immersion, with the lessons learned in the classroom applied directly to original film production that students will create, forming the foundation of their education. At the core of our filmmaking are courses in the Director’s Craft, Writing, Editing, Hands-On Camera/Lighting, Production, Sound Design, and Cinematography. Regardless of the course a student decides is right for him or her, one can expect a thorough education that not only stresses the fundamentals of these different disciplines, but will have students applying what they learn in the classroom to a variety of different film projects that will help them develop the technical and creative skills needed for visual and dramatic storytelling. Students’ education at the Disciples Film And Television Institute will culminate in the pre-production, production, and post-production of an original short or feature-length film, depending on the course they enrolled in. At the end of each Disciples Film And Television Institute course, students’ hard work and commitment are celebrated with a school screening of their films open to cast, crew, friends, and family.
Film Making Fundamentals
While the number and range of course work will vary depending on which program or workshop a student enrolls in, those taking part in Disciples Film And Television Institute filmmaking courses can expect to receive the following fundamental education.
• Director’s Craft: An introduction to the language and craft of directing film, students will receive the necessary preparation and instruction in the fundamentals of visual storytelling. Instructors will challenge students to discover the most effective and expressive means by which to shoot their films by educating them on the history of how the most renowned directors have approached film. In addition, each students will write, direct, and edit his or her own films and work directly with other students by assisting them on the creation of their films as well.
• Cinematography: This course will train students in the essentials of shooting film with the use of video cameras and their accessories. With the aid of workshops and film tests, students will also learn the essential lighting techniques and how these inform the mood of a story while also experimenting with expressive lighting styles.
• Screenwriting: Every film starts with an idea for a story, but how does one develop that into an actual script? The Academy’s screenwriting courses teach students how to bring their stories to life by concentrating on the basics of visual storytelling and constructive analysis in taking an idea and building it into a treatment, an outline, rough draft, and ultimately, a shooting script. Each student will write his or her own screenplay that they will bring to life in their films.
• Producing: In the Academy’s production courses, students are taught to break down a film to its essential elements for budgeting and scheduling. Students will learn all of the essential forms to use in their own film projects.
• Digital Editing: Learning how to edit a film together is the essential element to bringing any story to life. Students learn a variety of aesthetic approaches to editing film and video and how to achieve temporal and spatial continuity in their projects.
• Film History: In creating an original story, students must learn the varied history of the motion picture and the critical filmmaking terminology that they will put to use in their other course work. Students are educated in the essential canon of cinematic history in order to become better filmmakers.
Equipment Used in Our Filmmaking Courses
When enrolling in a course at the Disciples Film And Television Institute, students will have access to the best possible equipment in order to prepare them for the real world of filmmaking. Students in a DIPLOMA course learn to shoot on a wide spectrum of film, which includes 16mm, 35mm, Hi-Def, Super 16mm, Red Dragon, Red Epic and Red Scarlet cameras.
For those students taking one of the Disciples Film And Television Institute Filmmaking Workshops, they will learn to shoot on 16mm film with Arriflex-S cameras and portable Lowel lighting packages. Those taking our Digital Filmmaking Workshops will use a Panasonic HMC150 digital video camera.
Aspiring auteurs in our One-Year Filmmaking Program will shoot with Arriflex 16mm cameras, the 35mm Panavision camera, and HD digital video cameras.
Across all of our filmmaking courses, students will edit digitally with digital editing software using Macintosh computers.
Regardless of where students choose to attend the Academy, they will learn under an exceptional faculty with professional experience and who have worked on professional productions and film sets. Through our set of courses that place students straight onto a variety of film sets while learning the fundamentals and history of film, students will be prepared to enter the world of filmmaking upon completion.
|Posted by [email protected] on June 5, 2015 at 5:05 AM||comments (0)|
OUR MISSION AND PURPOSE.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of the Disciples Film and Television Institute (Difti) is to further a global understanding of, and appreciation for, the art and craft of visual storytelling through the education and training of interested and qualified individuals, and to hone the skills of future professionals so that they may one day serve the visual storytelling arts as industry leaders.
The mission of the Disciples Film and Television Institute (Difti is to educate students interested in the field of visual storytelling. DISCIPLES FILM AND TELEVISION INSTITUTE (DIFTI) courses have been designed to increase students’ creativity and technical expertise through an intense regimen of hands-on and classroom instruction. The institute goal is to enrich its students as visual storytellers by helping them realize their personal artistic visions. Disciples film and television institute (Difti) expectations center on the growth of each student as a creative individual.
Disciples film and television institute (Difti) has set the following objectives to fulfill its stated mission:
To provide a learning environment conducive to creative thought and artistic expression, as well as hands-on collaboration.
To help students better appreciate the art and craft of visual storytelling so that they may develop as artists and better express their personal artistic visions.
To empower students to find and develop a creative voice.
To teach and develop new capabilities in students’ approach to the art and craft of visual storytelling.
|Posted by [email protected] on June 5, 2015 at 5:00 AM||comments (0)|
DISCIPLES FILM AND TELEVISION INSTITUTE
Have you always wanted to turn your creative endeavors into a successful career; Difti academy provides environment where committed individuals can develop their creative, technical and business skills in order to participate in and contribute to a viable film and production industry in Nigeria, Africa and Nations.
Difti welcomes story tellers to create a blue prints, potential directors to translate it into visual language, future technicians to realize the story and prospective producers to turn it into reality.
Thank you for your interest in our film making course which will train you into being a film maker now. Our Film Production Training works on the principal that the best way to learn film making is to actually work and make a film production. Our Film Course is actually a film production where you direct and make the film. We are about to commence the film making course of the year. If you would like to embark on a wonderful journey and learn a new skill and meet awesome people and of course make a film that you will be proud of, then the opportunity presents itself now.
What you will experience during the Three Month Film Course :
1. Specialized Tuition by the very best Film Instructors over Three Months on Saturdays.
2. 3 Days of Shooting on a real Film Set as a crew member and a director
3. Awesome new friends that you enjoy creative collaborations with
4. The ability to create and write a story and screenplay for film.
5. Learn how to use professional film equipment. We will show you how to use a camera with follow focus and how to get the correct f stops and exposure and focus.
6. We will show you how to get great location sound.
7. We will introduce you to actors and show you how to find the best actors for the film. We do this by actually having a casting.
8. We will show you how to run a production and make every element happen, Locations Cast and Crew.
9. We will help you through a three day shoot over two weekends and give you the experience of a lifetime crewing on a film set and directing actors.
10. We will show you the magic of post production and how to edit a film, find the best music and get the best sound.
11. One Free Session, one on one Professional Coaching for your film career
12. We promise that once you have received your certificate and have your first credit for a film, you will join the very best In Nollywood.
13. At the school, you will have the chance to be involved with other film productions and create your own.
We will keep to our promise that you will receive the very best film course.
All you have to do is pick up the phone and call 08035258156 or email me back your phone number and we will show you how to book a place on the very best film course.
E:MAIL: [email protected]
For enrolment or enquiries call: 08035258156, 08028306534